2010-10-07

Soledad O'Brien Injury Update

CNN journalist Soledad O'Brien is just starting the process of recovering from a serious injury to her knee.

Last weekend, she was horseback riding in Brewster, N.Y., with her daughters, Sofia and Cecilia, when she was thrown from her horse.

Unfortunately, she is just starting the promotional touring for her latest CNN documentary in the Black in America series called 'Almighty Debt' that premieres on Oct. 21st.

She also has her book, The Next Big Story: My Journey Through the Land of Possibilities, coming out on November 2.

She doesn't intend to cancel any engagements at this point. On her calendar is travel to Atlanta this week for the ceremonies at Morehouse College's "Soledad O'Brien Freedom's Voice Award."

Soledad updated BV Buzz about the injury.

"She got spooked by another horse and ditched me. I tore absolutely everything in my knee. My surgeon said 'impressive!' I am on crutches now and doing physical therapy. I'll have surgery in two weeks [Oct. 22] when the swelling goes down."

She got spooked by another horse and ditched me. I tore absolutely everything in my knee. My surgeon said 'impressive!' I am on crutches now and doing physical therapy. I'll have surgery in two weeks when the swelling goes down.

It's super hard to clunk around on crutches! You know what's annoying is now I'm slow and I usually get 10 things done at one time! So cutting back is really hard for me. Plus, the kids keep baking me get-well-soon cakes, which I'm eating!

I'm trying to figure out how to walk on crutches in a gown."

The 44 year-old mother of four, has been medically cleared to swim and bike to maintain her fitness regimen.

The Next Big Story: My Journey Through the Land of Possibilities

No comments: