2013-09-03

Soledad Returns to Haiti

Soledad O'Brien returns to Haiti with her documentary team to follow up on the aftermath of the earthquake that still impacts the citizens of that country.

In an interview on www.thewrap.com, she commented that:
I covered Katrina, I’ve covered the tsunamis, all of them, the Haiti earthquake... you get to a certain point in your career where you say 'I want to now cover what I want to cover.'

So for one of our first Al Jazeera pieces for “America Tonight,” we’ll go back to Haiti. I go back there every year, and we’ll take a look at what’s working and where the money has gone?


On location in Haiti, 2013

There’s a lot to do there, so I’ll go in and do a couple pieces on that. For all the Americans who gave a lot of money, what’s happening in Haiti?




No comments: